This article will guide you how to setup POP3 email account from iPhone/iPod Touch.
- If this is the first account you’re setting up on the iPhone/iPod Touch, tap Mail. Otherwise, from the Home screen tap Settings -> Mail -> Accounts -> Add Account.
- Choose your email account type. For setting up email to work with your domain email address tap Other.
- Enter your Name , Address(email address), Email Password and the description.
- Tap SAVE POP or IMAP will be show on top on bar. You are allow to choose POP3 or IMAP when setup domain email into iPhone/iPod Touch.
- Tap POP so it will highlighted.
- Fill in all as below POP Info Name: Email name , Address (full email address), and Description.
- Incoming Mail server : host name: mail.yourdomain.com, Username: (full email address), Password (email password) -> click done/verify.
If system showing message as Cannot verify server identity, tap Details and tap Accept.
- After accept, go back HOME go to -> Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Tap (email account you setup earlier) and check POP and SMTP (outgoing mail server) setting.
- tap SMTP mail.yourdomain.com > tap mail.yourdomain.com On, (yourdomain.com represent your domain name).
- Check your SMTP SSL: off (enable it if your webmail come with SSL) , Authentication: Password, Server Port number : 587 (if you choose SSL you will need to set Server Port as 465 for SMTP) Once confirm tap DONE.
- Go back to email setting page , click advance to check your POP setting, SSL: off, Authentication: Password , Server Port : 110, if you enable SSL you are require set it as : 995.
- Tap Done/Verify, Your iphone/iPod Touch is now configure to send and receive your domain email.
Posted in: Web & Email